Introducing The Defender™ Composite Floor
WHAT IS IT?
The Defender™ is a version of the Pound Saver™ composite floor, which uses a fiberglass-reinforced polyethylene terephthalate glycol (PETG) underlayment rather than conventional thermosetting FRP. This technology is made of 60% fiberglass, forming a strong and impermeable protective barrier for the floor’s underside.
HOW IS IT MADE?
The Defender™ is bonded to the bottom of an oak floor utilizing the same patented bonding technology found in the Pound Saver™ composite floor.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The Defender™ is designed for customers seeking composite floor performance and protection at a fraction of the cost.
HOW DO I GET IT?
Just ask for it by name or contact one of our sales specialists who will be able to assist you.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Superior Protection — The Defender™ protects from water, salt and other contaminants that can damage the wood and glue line of a laminated floor.
- Stronger — The 1-3/8″ Defender™ is 44% stronger than a regular oak floor in the same thickness.
- Higher Load Rating — A 1-3/8″ Defender™ Floor can achieve a 24,000 lb load rating at roughly half the upcharge of a Pound Saver™ composite floor.
- Lower Maintenance Costs — By sealing off the glue line and wood from the elements, routine maintenance on the underside of the floor is eliminated.
- Longer Working Life — Floors armed with the Defender™ are both protected and reinforced resulting in longer working life